Feb 14, 2008

Introduction

Hello. I've been dragged kicking and screaming through every electronic advancement since the desktop computer. So I start a blog with some trepidation. But with as many books as I've published, it seemed about time. I plan to post once or twice a week, when something of doggie interest hits the news or some profound thought pops into my mind. . . or maybe in response to an interesting comment from someone out there in cyberland.
For this first post, as Westminster has just aired, I would like to congratulate the Beagle on the first win for the breed. What a charming little guy! But I would also like to remind everyone that what made Uno so charming on television -- the barking, howling, acting up, chewing on the signs -- will be somewhat less charming in your own home. Before anyone rushes out to add a Beagle to their family, please do some homework. They are delightful dogs in many ways, but there's a reason their nickname is "a nose on four legs." They often have their own agenda, and it often conflicts with that of their humans. So please get to know about more than a pretty face before bringing a Beagle into your home. They're not for everyone, but for those who can handle all that sass, they're terrific.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Thanks for choosing as your first blog post to remind people that no dog is perfect for everyone, not even the breed chosen Best in Show at Westminster! I'll look forward to reading more blog entries!
Darlene Arden, CABC